It is beyond wonderful waking up at Disneyland. Not only is the weather not verging on the edge of freezing, but I can see California Adventure from my hotel room. Today was set out to be a rather long day. The to do list:
- Arrive at parks early so that I can purchase my annual pass (this particular pass, the Premier, is only available at park ticket booths and will enable me entry for the year into all the parks (and water parks) at Walt Disney World, and at Disneyland. So, many trips are to be had.
- Pick up breakfast somewhere
- Venture into the parks - which at this point I wasn't sure how much time I'd have
- Around 12:30, I was going to head to the Expo early to get in line. The Expo opens at 2pm.
- After waiting for the official merchandise line, head to get my bibs & packets for all three races, and look around the expo
- Go to Napa Rose for my Chef's Counter experience
Everything went as planned. I headed out early, picked up some beignets at Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen, waited in line for my pass. And then ventured into Disneyland. Down Main Street USA and I ended up in from to Sleeping Beauty's castle.
Being Thursday, I imagine most of the Tinkerbell racers were not in town yet, as the parks were fairly empty. I also had the advantage of the locals being in schools; the weekends would be more crowded. AND something that the Disneyland Resort has that Walt Disney World doesn't really offer at the more popular attractions is the single rider line. I went on Dumbo, the Mad Hatter's Teacups, Space Mountain and Splash Mountain in such a small amount of time. I grabbed a Matterhorn Macaroon on my way out of the park, then I headed over to California Adventure.
The California Adventure park was also fairly empty. There were a few new rides that had opened since I had been there, and I was anxious to try those out...as well as seeing CarsLand (which I will post about separately). I rode Soarin' and Ariel's UnderSea Adventure (aka The Little Mermaid Ride), then visited CarsLand. I had my picture taken with a dapper Mickey Mouse and a flight-ready Minnie Mouse; grabbed a corn dog (which was amazing - they're so delicious here) and then ventured out into Downtown Disney to head to the Expo. After the Expo I went back to my hotel to get rest and prepare for dinner at Napa Rose. Stay tuned for more information about the rest of my trip!